Thursday 25 April 2013

Finally over to plot 30

And goodbye to plot 19 , it was a hard slog working on that sloping plot, but boy was it hard work moving my entire plot to another !  But its finally over.

It's going to take a few months to get plot 30 in order and I'm digging for England at the moment. Yesterday I dug up a bucket full of thick and long pieces of bindweed roots just from one small area.
I know you can never truly be rid of this horrid weed, but you just have to try and conquer it or  takes over everything

I have to accept that due to the move and the adverse weather I am going to be way behind, but I have made a start. This week I planted in a raised bed what should have been three rows of carrots . It was so windy that most of the seeds got blown out of my hand so I ended up with enough for only one row ! Also planted two different types of spinach.
In a mini greenhouse in my garden at home I have also  made a start and got lots of French beans ( Blue lake and Fasold) started in the root runners. Turks Head pumpkin, tomatoes (money maker and gardeners delight) and some hot chillies. So a start has been made !

It all like a refugee camp at present, but give me a couple of months and it will look gorgeous ! Watch this space !

A lot of planning and tidying to do yet, but i'll get there. I'm so looking forward to getting it all up to standard.


 

 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Mark Willis said...

Hooray for Plot 30! I'm sure you'll soon have it knocked into shape and producing stuff. The shed looks very elegant!

Maureen said...

Thanks Mark , I haven't even had time to visit other blogs! But will be over to have a look at what you have been up to recently.
M x

Anonymous said...

Well done Maureen. You will reap the rewards.

Maureen said...

Jean thank you for your comment. I have just had a look at your blog and its lovely.

Your warden sounds so friendly ! I envy you ! As Sadly we have a new warden . Someone I have know for years, always got on with and now he's warden he has become like the Gestapo. We have clashed over his attitude especially to us women on the allotment. He now has it in for me and is harassing me . After two letters to the council and nothing being done, I have been advised to take it further.