Saturday 27 December 2008

I can't believe it's over !

Where on earth did the last three days go ? I'm sure I say that every year ! but it's true, Christmas just flew past. I had a wonderful time with family and friends and lots of nice pressies.
I was so pleased with my brussel sprouts from the lottie, I harvested loads of small tasty sprouts for Christmas day lunch and steamed them until tender but still a bit crisp, and then pan fried them briefly with a knob of butter, salt & pepper and some chestnuts, they were delicious ! I am now looking forward to my purple sprouting broccoli, no sign of anything to pick yet. It seems so long since I sowed the seeds and planted them, I only hope the harvest is worth the wait because they take up a lot of growing space for a long period.

I can't wait to get sowing in January, I have a wooden box full of seeds. it's my favourite job and watching the first leaves poke through the compost is amazing.

I hope you all had a good Christmas and I would like to wish everyone a -
Very Happy and healthy New Year

No comments: